First goals inspire Wales' Morison to net more
Wednesday 05 October 2011
He has scored in the Conference South, Conference, League Two, League One, Championship, Premier League and at international level, but Wales's Steve Morison does not want to be remembered as a quirky quiz question.
The Norwich City striker has enjoyed a bright start to the season, scoring the opener for his country in the Euro 2012 qualifier against Montenegro last month before breaking his top-flight duck with a header against Sunderland last week.
But Morison, formerly of Bishop's Stortford, Stevenage Borough and Millwall, is determined to kick-on when Gary Speed's Wales face Switzerland in Swansea on Friday night.
"I've scored at every level now and that's fantastic," said the 28-year-old striker, who is set to win his 11th cap in the Group G tie at the Liberty Stadium.
"But I don't want to be remembered for just scoring one goal for Norwich and Wales. I want to do more than that and become a regular goalscorer. That's my aim."
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Latest in Sport
Luke Shaw arrives a week early for Manchester United pre-season training after cutting short post-World Cup holiday
World Cup 2014: The 50 best players of the World Cup
PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
Brazil vs Netherlands World Cup 2014: A history of the third-place play-offs
Brazil vs Netherlands World Cup 2014: Arrogant Brazilian team may never be forgiven by the fans
- 1 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 2 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 The true Gaza back-story that the Israelis aren’t telling this week