France coach Laurent Blanc takes swipe at England
Thursday 14 June 2012
France coach Laurent Blanc took a swipe at England by suggesting a "really good side" would have punished their under-performance in Monday's 1-1 draw.
Roy Hodgson's men enjoyed the better of the early exchanges in the first half and took the lead through Joleon Lescott's 30th-minute header.
However, France came back into the game and Lescott's Manchester City team-mate Samir Nasri scored the equaliser.
Blanc's side finished the match the stronger but could not force a winner, and the coach admitted their poor first-half showing could - and possibly should - have cost them.
Discussing his team plans for tomorrow's match against Ukraine, Blanc said: "Regardless of who starts they just need to relax because we can't repeat the first 30 minutes against England.
"If we had played against a really good side it would have been over."
Latest in Sport
Arsenal transfer news: Atletico Madrid closing in on Santi Cazorla - reports
Arsenal transfer news: Arsene Wenger set to cancel moves for Sami Khedira and Morgan Schneiderlin in favour of Jack Wilshere - reports
Arturo Vidal: Manchester United bid £39m for Juventus midfielder
Chelsea transfer news: Jose Mourinho wants both Thibaut Courtois and Petr Cech to stay at Stamford Bridge
Malaysian cyclist could face disciplinary action after 'Save Gaza' gloves protest
- 1 Malaysian cyclist could face disciplinary action after 'Save Gaza' gloves protest
- 2 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 3 Fifty Shades of Grey trailer provokes moral outrage from US parenting groups
- 4 McDonald’s removes chicken nuggets from the menu in Hong Kong amid major food scare
- 5 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda