France vs Nigeria player ratings World Cup 2014: Paul Pogba? Karim Benzema? Who was the star man in Brasilia?
France 2 Nigeria 0
Monday 30 June 2014
France scored twice in the last 11 minutes to seal a 2-0 victory over Nigeria on Monday and reach the World Cup quarter-finals.
Nigeria held their own in an even first half but France stepped up the pressure after the break.
Nigeria's Victor Moses cleared a Karim Benzema shot off the line and their goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama made a series of excellent saves before Yohan Cabaye's shot hit the bar.
Enyeama flapped at a Mathieu Valbuena corner in the 79th minute, leaving Paul Pogba an open goal to head into.
France struck again in stoppage time when Nigeria defender Joseph Yobo diverted a cross into his own net.
But who was the man of the match in Brasilia? Click through the gallery below to find out...
France will play Germany or Algeria in the last eight.
Latest in Sport
Louis van Gaal denies problem with Wilfried Zaha despite Manchester United forward being given no game time
Calum Chambers: Who is Arsenal's £16m right-back target?
Manchester United latest: Angel Di Maria move no closer as Juan Mata emerges as Louis van Gaal's favoured No 10 as prospect of signing
Arsenal transfer news: Versatile Calum Chambers is a 'gamble', admits Arsene Wenger as Arsenal spending passes £50m
Everton transfer news: Romelu Lukaku deal ON, Roberto Martinez assures fans
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- 4 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star, dies aged 45
- 5 Businessman charged £75 for three small bottles of water in London hotel