Germany midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger shakes off injury
Thursday 07 June 2012
The midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger said yesterday that he had recovered from a calf complaint.
Schweinsteiger returned to full training on Monday.
The 27-year-old Bayern Munich player said: "I'm fine. It's fun to play with such a team." Schweinsteiger, who has been capped 90 times, missed the warm-up defeat by Switzerland two weeks ago.
Germany's goalkeeper, Manuel Neuer, is in a confident mood. "We are better than in 2010 because we can fill each position twice and that was not the case at the World Cup," he said. "We are now more mature in our automatic processes and we know each other much better."
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Latest in Sport
World Cup 2014 final - Germany vs Argentina preview: Why Brazilians don't love their neighbours Argentina any more
Germany vs Argentina World Cup final 2014: Five reasons why Argentina will win the World Cup
Thomas Vermaelen to Manchester United: Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger thwarting Louis van Gaal over transfer
World Cup 2014 final - Germany vs Argentina preview: German team ethic tests Lionel Messi's ability to meet the challenge
Brazil vs Netherlands World Cup 2014: Arrogant Brazilian team may never be forgiven by the fans
- 1 Stephen Fry ‘criticises Operation Yewtree in dinner party rant’ calling for tougher laws to deter false sex abuse allegations
- 2 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: ‘Sderot cinema’ image shows Israelis with popcorn and chairs 'cheering as missiles strike Palestinian targets'
- 4 War is war: Why I stand with Israel
- 5 Blackest is the new black: Scientists have developed a material so dark that you can't see it...