Howard Webb misses out on refereeing Euro 2012 final
Friday 29 June 2012
Howard Webb's hopes of adding another showpiece occasion to his
glittering CV have been dashed after it was confirmed Portuguese referee
Pedro Proenca will take charge of Sunday's Euro 2012 final between
Spain and Italy in Kiev.
Webb refereed the last World Cup final, a season when he also did the Champions League final.
He was fourth official for last night's semi-final between Italy and Germany.
However, he has been overlooked for the biggest game of the tournament in favour of Proenca, who was in charge of England's quarter-final defeat to Italy in Kiev.
Latest in Sport
William Carvalho to Arsenal? Gunners make new enquiry for £35m rated midfielder
Manchester United transfer news: More signings expected, indicates Ed Woodward
WWE Battleground 2014 results: John Cena and The Miz are the big winners on a night to forget in Tampa, Florida
Liverpool transfer news: Loic Remy, Dejan Lovren and Divock Origi on verge of Anfield moves
Manchester City transfer news: Completed summer deals
- 1 Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
- 2 Saneie Masilela, 9, marries Helen Shabangu, 53 years his senior, for the second time
- 3 UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
- 4 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 5 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?