Iran 0 Nigeria 0 player ratings: How did John Obi Mikel fare against Ashkan Dejagah?
A look at the individual performances in Curitiba
Monday 16 June 2014
It had to happen some time and tonight in Curitiba Iran and Nigeria played out the first draw of the tournament.
In contrast to the rest of this enthralling competition, the two sides could only manage to provide a dull 0-0 draw, the first disappointing match of this World Cup.
Stephen Keshi's men started with Premier League stars including John Obi Mikel and Victor Moses but produced a performance riddled with errors and few clear-cut chances.
Former Newcastle striker Shola Ameobi replaced Moses after 52 minutes but couldn't break the deadlock and in the end the final whistle proved to be a sweet release.
But how did the players rate?
Who do you think were the stand-out performers? Let us know in the comments below.
Latest in Sport
Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
Manchester United transfer news: United given new hope in race for Juan Cuadrado as Barcelona talks stall
Manchester United transfer news: Mats Hummels, Daley Blind and Thomas Vermaelen on radar as Louis van Gaal reveals he still wants to sign defender
Liverpool transfer news: Brendan Rodgers plans more Anfield signings this summer
Chelsea transfer news: Jose Mourinho confirms Fernando Torres is staying at Stamford Bridge
- 1 Scientists create transparent mouse complete with see-through organs
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 Putin v Obama: Russian deputy prime minister mocks president with catty pictures on Twitter
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire