It's all kicking off... Poland and Russia fans in ugly clashes
Wednesday 13 June 2012
Russia fans clashed with police and Poland supporters in separate incidents in Warsaw yesterday, shortly before the two teams met last night in an emotionally charged European Championship match. Several people were injured.
Polish supporters were seen attacking Russians, who responded violently. The two sides, made up of dozens of men, lashed out with boots and fists, while flares could be seen exploding in their midst.
Poland and Russia fans were also seen fighting and throwing stones outside the National Stadium, despite a very heavy police presence.
Latest in Sport
Manchester United transfer news: Javier Hernandez close to exit as Atletico Madrid admit interested
Manchester United transfer news: Mats Hummels, Thomas Vermaelen and Daley Blind on radar as Louis van Gaal reveals he still wants to sign defender
Scottie dogs in Commonwealth Games opening ceremony 'disrespectful to Muslims', say Malaysian politicians
Divock Origi joins Liverpool before immediately being loaned back to Lille
Seydou Keita refuses Pepe handshake before throwing water bottle prior to Roma vs Real Madrid match
- 1 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 HSBC closes bank accounts belonging to Muslim clients in the UK