Ivory Coast face Zambia for title
Thursday 09 February 2012
Ivory Coast will play Zambia in the final of the African Cup of Nations on Sunday after both narrowly won their semi-finals yesterday.
Arsenal striker Gervinho scored for the Ivory Coast as they saw off Mali 1-0, running more than 30 yards to fire home after beating his marker with a superb back-heel.
Meanwhile, Zambia shocked Ghana by beating the favourites 1-0, Emmanuel Mayuka scoring with 12 minutes to go after Asamoah Gyan missed a first-half penalty for Ghana.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- 4 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star, dies aged 45
- 5 Businessman charged £75 for three small bottles of water in London hotel