Kawasumi double puts Japan in Women's World Cup final
Thursday 14 July 2011
Japan will play the United States in the Women's World Cup final in Frankfurt on Sunday after they won through their semi-finals last night.
The US, who knocked out Brazil in the quarter-finals, beat France 3-1 through late goals from Abby Wambach and Alex Morgan, while Japan fought back from going 1-0 down to Sweden early on to also win 3-1, Nahomi Kawasumi scoring twice.
Latest in Sport
Kevin Garside: Manchester United may have history and tradition but, as David Moyes never realised, a big-time manager always bends such things to his will
Louis van Gaal denies problem with Wilfried Zaha despite Manchester United forward being given no game time
Manchester United latest: Angel Di Maria move no closer as Juan Mata emerges as Louis van Gaal's favoured No 10 as prospect of signing
Arsenal transfer news: Versatile Calum Chambers is a 'gamble', admits Arsene Wenger as Arsenal spending passes £50m
Tour de France 2014: Vincenzo Nibali confirmed as champion as he puts Italy back on the map with triumph
- 1 Secret Cinema: Why were Back to the Future screenings cancelled?
- 2 Christians: The world's most persecuted people
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 4 Thatcher ‘was warned of Tory child sex party claims’
- 5 The Simpsons Family Guy trailer: First look at crossover episode after Comic-Con debut