Kelly urges Irish to avoid 'disaster'
Thursday 06 October 2011
With the handball by Thierry Henry that deprived the Republic of Ireland the chance to play at the last World Cup fresh in his mind, "it would be a disaster" to be consigned to another play-off lottery, says Stephen Kelly. "To go out the way we did, it left a sour taste," the full-back added. Ireland trail group leaders Russia by two points and know only defeat for Dick Advocaat's men in Slovakia, coupled with victories for them against the Andorrans and Armenia in Dublin next Tuesday will see them top the group.
Latest in Sport
Manchester United transfer news: Javier Hernandez close to exit as Atletico Madrid admit interested
Liverpool target Marco Reus rejects new Borussia Dortmund contract offer - reports
Manchester United transfer news: Mats Hummels, Thomas Vermaelen and Daley Blind on radar as Louis van Gaal reveals he still wants to sign defender
Scottie dogs in Commonwealth Games opening ceremony 'disrespectful to Muslims', say Malaysian politicians
Divock Origi joins Liverpool before immediately being loaned back to Lille
- 1 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 HSBC closes bank accounts belonging to Muslim clients in the UK