Luis Suarez bite: Uruguay team show support for banned striker by laying out his shirt for Colombia game
The Uruguay kitman still lays out Suarez's kit for the Colombia game - despite the striker being sent home to Montevideo
Saturday 28 June 2014
Luis Suarez may have been sent home, but his spirit remains in the Uruguay dressing room - as does his kit.
The striker, banned for a total of nine international games and barred from all football activity for four months, was pictured at his home in Montevideo on Saturday after leaving Uruguay's World Cup training camp.
But a picture posted by the official Twitter account for Uruguay team shows the team's kits lined up, and Suarez's number nine jersey is among those laid out.
READ MORE: SUAREZ: 'I LOST MY BALANCE'
TWITTER REACTS TO SUAREZ STATEMENT
SUAREZ ARRIVES HOME TO HERO'S WELCOME
LIVERPOOL COULD BE INVOLVED IN SUAREZ LEGAL BATTLE
MARADONA BLASTS FOUR-MONTH BAN
The post included the words "The Uruguay dressing room at the Maracana. Luis Suarez's place in tact. Go Uruguay!"
The striker was also given a hero's welcome when he arrived in Montevideo and thanked the fans for their 'support and love', breaking his Twitter silence.
"Hi all, I write this post to give thanks to the outpouring of support and love I am receiving. Both myself and my family really appreciate it.
"Thank you very much for being by my side and I want all my colleagues today we support selection for the match against Colombia."
Suarez is out of the World Cup due to his ban and will also be unavailable for Liverpool until October 26 if he fails to overturn his ban.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire