Manchester United forward Danny Welbeck likely to miss England friendlies
The 22-year-old has been sidelined with fluid on his knee
Friday 08 November 2013
Manchester United striker Danny Welbeck seems certain to miss England's friendlies against Chile and Germany later this month.
Welbeck has not figured since the draw against Southampton on October 19, since when he has been sidelined with fluid on his knee.
United manager David Moyes has already ruled the 22-year-old out of Sunday's showdown with Arsenal at Old Trafford.
Although Welbeck was selected on Thursday as part of Roy Hodgson's squad for the start of England's World Cup build-up, Press Association Sport understands there is little chance of him being involved.
"The only one who is not in contention for Sunday is Danny Welbeck," said Moyes.
"He is still suffering with his knee."
England play Chile on November 15 and Germany on November 19, with both games at Wembley.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let’s see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Scottish independence: Former pro-union voters explain why they changed their minds to the Yes vote
- 3 Gingers face extinction due to climate change, scientists warn
- 4 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 5 Pornhub pleads with users to stop uploading videos of Brazil 'getting f**ked by Germany' in the World Cup