Mario Balotelli to miss Italy's World Cup qualifier
Friday 12 October 2012
Mario Balotelli will miss Italy's World Cup qualifier with Armenia tonight after failing to recover from the flu, the FIGC announced on their official website this morning.
Balotelli, who missed his side's opening two Group B encounters due to his decision to undergo laser eye surgery in the last international break, was set to lead the line at the Hrazdan Stadium alongside Pablo Osvaldo after head coach Cesare Prandelli announced his starting line-up yesterday.
But now Juventus forward Sebastian Giovinco will replace the Manchester City striker, who is expected to be available for Italy's next assignment against Denmark on Tuesday.
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Latest in Sport
Germany vs Argentina World Cup final 2014: Five reasons why Argentina will win the World Cup
World Cup Final 2014: Choosing between Germany and Argentina is an impossible choice
Luke Shaw arrives a week early for Manchester United pre-season training after cutting short post-World Cup holiday
PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
Luis Suarez joins Barcelona: Wilfried Bony, Karim Benzema and the other transfer targets Liverpool should look to replace Suarez with
- 1 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 2 Loom bands: Bids for dress made from colourful rubber pass £170,000 on eBay
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 The true Gaza back-story that the Israelis aren’t telling this week