McClean switches to Republic
Tuesday 09 August 2011
James McClean has left the Northern Ireland squad to face the Faroe Islands after becoming the latest player to opt for the Republic of Ireland. "My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland," insisted the 22-year-old.
Meanwhile, Warren Feeney has pulled out of tomorrow's Euro 2012 qualifier with a groin injury and is replaced by Linfield striker Peter Thompson.
Latest in Sport
England vs India report: England expects as Bell, Ballance and Buttler make B-line for victory
Louis van Gaal says he is inheriting a 'broken' Manchester United squad
Luckless Abou Diaby full of confidence as he attempts yet another Arsenal comeback
Manchester City's #AskJesus Twitter takeover quickly descends into chaos as Premier League champions are trolled relentlessly
Manchester United latest: Angel Di Maria move no closer as Juan Mata emerges as Louis van Gaal's favoured No 10 as prospect of signing
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 Christians: The world's most persecuted people
- 3 The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 4 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- 5 Denmark bans kosher and halal slaughter as minister says ‘animal rights come before religion’