Nigeria 1 Bosnia-Herzegovina 0 player ratings: Peter Odemwingie or Edin Dzeko - who rated higher?
Sunday 22 June 2014
Bosnia-Herzegovina suffered their second successive World Cup defeat as Nigeria's 1-0 win in Cuiaba ended the debutants' hopes of reaching the knockout stages.
Peter Odemwinigie's smart first-half finish gave a sharper Super Eagles side their own first World Cup victory in 16 years, although Bosnia's Edin Dzeko saw an earlier effort wrongly chalked off for offside before hitting a post in second-half stoppage time.
The three points move Nigeria to second in Group F, with a draw in their final game against already-qualified Argentina enough to see them through.
So how did each player get on in the closely fought tie?
Click on the gallery below to find out.
Do you agree? Leave your thoughts in the comment box below.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Scientists create transparent mouse complete with see-through organs
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 Amazonian Indian tribe filmed making contact with Brazil village in rare video footage