Research shows cost to fans of following England at Euro 2012
Thursday 03 May 2012
England fans will have to spend more than £2,000 for going to the three group games at Euro 2012, according to new research.
Getting through all three Group D games against France, Sweden and Ukraine will cost England fans around £2,122, with the opening match against France in Donetsk costing around £819, according to Virgin Money's Football Fans' Inflation Index.
Researchers based costs on a three-night hotel stay, travel, food and drink, tickets and a new replica shirt for the tournament.
The average cost of a three-night stay in the cheapest hotel in Donetsk, where England kick-off against France, is around £114 making it the cheapest of the venues. Kiev, where England play Sweden, comes in at £660.
It will cost fans £4,326 to follow England all the way to the final - cheaper though than the Republic of Ireland (£5,131) and Spain (£5,599).
Latest in Sport
Liverpool target Marco Reus rejects new Borussia Dortmund contract offer - reports
Arsenal agree new deal with BT Sport - which coincides nicely with advert showing FA Cup win over Liverpool
Divock Origi joins Liverpool before immediately being loaned back to Lille
Scottie dogs in Commonwealth Games opening ceremony 'disrespectful to Muslims', say Malaysian politicians
Arsenal transfer news: Gunners preparing bid for wantaway Shakhtar Donestk midfielder Douglas Costa
- 1 What if 35 Palestinians had died, and 800 Israelis?
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star dies at age 45 after suffering from cancer