Rhodes leads to Scotland win
Thursday 16 August 2012
A first Scotland goal from Jordan Rhodes put Craig Levein's side on their way to a 3-1 win over Australia at Easter Road last night. Rhodes' 29th-minute header cancelled out Mark Bresciano's opener before an own goal by Jason Davidson and a Ross McCormack finish gave Scotland victory.
Wales were beaten 2-0 by Bosnia at a sparsely populated Parc Y Scarlets in Llanelli, Vedad Ibisevic putting the visitors in front in the 21st minute with a tap-in, then Miroslav Stevanovic adding a second just after half time.
Northern Ireland let slip a two-goal lead in a 3-3 home draw with Finland, while a much-changed Republic of Ireland held Serbia 0-0.
Latest in Sport
Kevin Garside: Manchester United may have history and tradition but, as David Moyes never realised, a big-time manager always bends such things to his will
F1 Hungarian Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton disobeys orders and closes gap to Nico Rosberg in title race
Manchester United latest: Juan Mata emerges as Louis van Gaal's favoured No 10 as prospect of signing Angel Di Maria fails to improve
Arsenal: Arrival of Calum Chambers and David Ospina puts Arsène Wenger's spending past £50m
Tour de France 2014: Vincenzo Nibali confirmed as champion as he puts Italy back on the map with triumph
- 1 Secret Cinema interview: Why were Back to the Future screenings cancelled?
- 2 Christians: The world's most persecuted people
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 Iraq crisis: End 'very near' for Christianity after Isis takeover, says Bishop