Ronaldinho recalled by Brazil
Friday 29 October 2010
Ronaldinho has been recalled by Brazil for the first time in 18 months for their friendly against Argentina in Qatar next month.
The gifted AC Milan forward, who helped Brazil win the World Cup in 2002, was overlooked by former coach Dunga for this year's finals in South Africa.
Coach Mano Menezes also recalled Santos teenager Neymar, whom he dropped for friendlies earlier in October for disciplinary reasons, in a 23-man squad.
Ronaldinho has a thigh injury and is set to miss Milan's home game with Juventus on Saturday but he should return for Wednesday's Champions League game against Real Madrid.
He has lost most of the pace he had at Barcelona and struggles to beat defenders with his old trademark shimmy but he can still pick out a world-class pass.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
- 3 Fight Club 2: Chuck Palahniuk sequel is a 'meta-fictional comment on the cultural response to the original'
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Israel-Gaza conflict: Deadly flechette shells 'used by Israeli military in Gaza Strip’