Russia 1 South Korea 1 player ratings: Did Igor Akinfeev score lowest after his howler?
A look at the individual performances in Group H
Wednesday 18 June 2014
Fabio Capello must have thought it was 2010 all over again when he saw his goalkeeper give away a shocking goal.
Igor Akinfeev fumbled Lee Keun-ho's speculative shot into his own net to give South Korea the lead after 68 minutes.
Thankfully for the former England manager, who may have had memories of Rob Green's gaffe against the USA in South Africa, he saw his team draw level just a few minutes later when Aleksandr Kerzhakov scored after coming off the bench.
Who do you think was the stand out performer? Let us know in the comments below.
Latest in Sport
Louis van Gaal gets tough with Manchester United players, with Darren Fletcher and Luke Shaw berated in public and Phil Jones left looking bemused
CM Punk 'never ever ever' returning to WWE (so he probably will)
Tottenham and Arsenal in battle for Douglas Costa? Brazil forward opens up Shakhtar Donetsk exit possibility
Manchester United transfer news: Completed summer deals
James Rodriguez joins Real Madrid: World Cup top scorer completes £63m move
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 3 Louis van Gaal gets tough with Manchester United players, with Darren Fletcher and Luke Shaw berated in public and Phil Jones left looking bemused
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Peaches Geldof inquest: Tragic final moments of socialite's life reveal she lied to husband about failed heroin tests