Suarez: I'm no diver
Saturday 15 October 2011
Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has hit back at his critics by insisting: "I have never been a diver".
While the Uruguay international's performances have impressed since arriving at Anfield from Ajax in January, the striker has also been accused of making too much of challenges. Suarez, however, insists there is nothing sinister about his reaction to tackles.
"I don't trick anybody," the forward told The Sun ahead of Saturday's Barclays Premier League clash with Manchester United. "I have never been a diver - only a forward who receives so many fouls. The Premier League is more exciting than anywhere else I have played and it's always a battle because it is so physical."
Latest in Sport
Manchester United transfer news: Javier Hernandez close to exit as Atletico Madrid admit interested
Liverpool target Marco Reus rejects new Borussia Dortmund contract offer - reports
Manchester United transfer news: Mats Hummels, Thomas Vermaelen and Daley Blind on radar as Louis van Gaal reveals he still wants to sign defender
Scottie dogs in Commonwealth Games opening ceremony 'disrespectful to Muslims', say Malaysian politicians
Divock Origi joins Liverpool before immediately being loaned back to Lille
- 1 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 HSBC closes bank accounts belonging to Muslim clients in the UK