Swansea striker Michu close to Spain call-up
Striker has been in sensational form
Thursday 13 December 2012
Vincent del Bosque plans to check on Swansea City's Michu after the in-form striker announced himself in the Premier League.
The Spain coach will come to Britain next month and assess the form of Chelsea's Fernando Torres, but the uncapped Michu, the league's leading scorer, will be his main focus. "Michu has long been performing at a high level and what he has accomplished in England is not easy," said Del Bosque.
Michu, 26, has scored 13 goals after his £2.2m summer move from Rayo Vallecano and has been key to Swansea's march towards Wembley in the Capital One Cup, in which they have a chance to mark their centenary with a first major trophy.
Latest in Sport
Arsenal transfer news: Atletico Madrid closing in on Santi Cazorla - reports
Arsenal transfer news: Arsene Wenger set to cancel moves for Sami Khedira and Morgan Schneiderlin in favour of Jack Wilshere - reports
Arturo Vidal: Manchester United bid £39m for Juventus midfielder
Chelsea transfer news: Jose Mourinho wants both Thibaut Courtois and Petr Cech to stay at Stamford Bridge
Malaysian cyclist could face disciplinary action after 'Save Gaza' gloves protest
- 1 Malaysian cyclist could face disciplinary action after 'Save Gaza' gloves protest
- 2 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 3 Fifty Shades of Grey trailer provokes moral outrage from US parenting groups
- 4 McDonald’s removes chicken nuggets from the menu in Hong Kong amid major food scare
- 5 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda