Sylvain Distin announces retirement from international football on Twitter after a total of ZERO call-ups
The Everton defender jokingly announced he no longer wishes to be considered by France
Samir Nasri's girlfriend is not the only person to have been tweeting about the French national football team.
Sylvain Distin, one of the most consistent defenders over the last decade in the Premier League, has announced his retirement from international football.
His announcement, just weeks out from the World Cup, comes after a grand total of zero caps for Les Bleus.
Throughout his career, spanning clubs including Paris St Germain, Newcastle, Manchester City, Portsmouth and currently Everton, Distin has been overlooked for a call-up.
And it would seem the 36-year-old has given up all hope (but not his sense of humour) after France coach Didier Deschampsfailed to give him the call for Brazil.
I m retiring from France team. It was a wonderful experience and after a record of #0 cap it's time to say goodbye and focus on my club ?; Sylvain Distin (@sylvaind15tin) May 14, 2014
The World Cup, which starts on June 12, sees France in Group E with Switzerland, Ecuador and Honduras.
Latest in Sport
Wilfried Zaha grabs rare opportunity to impress new Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal
Manchester United transfer news: Javier Hernandez close to exit as Atletico Madrid admit interest
Calum Chambers joins Arsenal: New £16m signing put through Arsenal initiation as he sings The Kooks in front of team-mates
Manchester United transfer news: Mats Hummels, Thomas Vermaelen and Daley Blind on radar as Louis van Gaal reveals he still wants to sign defender
Seydou Keita refuses Pepe handshake before throwing water bottle prior to Roma vs Real Madrid match
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 4 Zayn Malik on Israel-Gaza: One Direction singer bombarded with Twitter death threats after posting #FreePalestine
- 5 'Hello mum, this is going to be hard for you to read ...'