Women's football: Natasha Dowie sets her sights on Turks
Monday 23 September 2013
England striker Natasha Dowie is looking forward to Thursday’s World Cup qualifier against Turkey in Portsmouth after marking her return to the international stage with a goal in Saturday’s 6-0 win over Belarus.
Almost two years after her last cap, Dowie scored immediately after coming on as a substitute in the second half. “We all want to move on now, it was a good win and we now want to take that into the Turkey game,” she said.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Scientists create transparent mouse complete with see-through organs
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 Amazonian Indian tribe filmed making contact with Brazil village in rare video footage