World Cup 2014 dates: When do England play Italy?
A look ahead to the Three Lions' opening game of the tournament
England's opening game of the World Cup is against Italy and takes place on Saturday June 14.
The Group D match will kick off at 11pm BST and will be hosted at the Arena Amazonia in Manaus.
The game was originally due to kick-off at 1am but was brought forward by two hours due to the large European audience that will be watching.
England's other two group games are against Uruguay on Thursday June 19 and Costa Rica on Tuesday June 24.
The tournament starts on June 12 with hosts Brazil playing Croatia while the final at the Maracana in Rio de Janeiro is on Sunday July 13.
Latest in Sport
Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
Manchester United transfer news: Mats Hummels, Daley Blind and Thomas Vermaelen on radar as Louis van Gaal reveals he still wants to sign defender
Liverpool transfer news: Brendan Rodgers plans more Anfield signings this summer
Chelsea transfer news: Jose Mourinho confirms Fernando Torres is staying at Stamford Bridge
Sami Khedira latest: Real Madrid desperate to sell midfielder to Arsenal rather than lose him for free to Bayern Munich next summer
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 5 Now diplomacy has failed, boycotting Israel might be the only way we can protect the people of Gaza