World Cup Qualifiers: Cameroon defeat Tunisia to roar all the way to Brazil
Monday 18 November 2013
Cameroon yesterday secured their place at next summer’s World Cup, beating Tunisia 4-1 to reach the finals by the same score on aggregate.
Pierre Webo and Benjamin Moudandjo gave the hosts a 2-0 interval lead in Yaounde, before Ahmed Akaichi volleyed Tunisia back into contention. Two late Jean Makoun goals wrapped up victory, taking Cameroon to Brazil along with the Ivory Coast and Nigeria, who qualified on Saturday.
Latest in Sport
- 1 I was a Woman Against Feminism too
- 2 Fifty Shades of Grey movie trailer released: First look at Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey
- 3 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 The Tory donor whose firm is one of Britain’s biggest tax avoiders - with HMRC's blessing