Wright-Phillips returns to training
Shaun Wright-Phillips returned to training this morning as England continued their preparations for Saturday's Group C opener against the United States in Rustenburg.
With England's World Cup campaign looming large, coach Fabio Capello wanted all his players available - and the Italian has almost got his wish.
With Wright-Phillips now recovered from the minor knee injury which forced him to miss training yesterday, the only absentees were Ledley King and James Milner - both of whom did solo sessions in the gym.
For King it was a normal day considering he rarely trains with the main group due to his chronic knee problems, while Milner was allowed a light session after reporting a high temperature yesterday.
Although Gareth Barry has ruled himself out of Saturday's game, Capello has yet to do so and the Manchester City midfielder did train with the main group again, proving his recent ankle problem is now behind him.
The Football Association are also playing down reports that goalkeeper David James is troubled by a minor knee ailment and insist he is fit and available for selection - even though Robert Green is favourite to face the USA.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Malaysian cyclist could face disciplinary action after 'Save Gaza' gloves protest
- 2 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 3 Fifty Shades of Grey trailer provokes moral outrage from US parenting groups
- 4 McDonald’s removes chicken nuggets from the menu in Hong Kong amid major food scare
- 5 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda