Grimacing Bolt on his knees after win
Saturday 26 May 2012
Usain Bolt eased to victory in Ostrava last night, but his post-race reaction was somewhat unusual.
The fastest man of all-time got off to a poor start in the 100m, but sharpened up over the closing 30m, recording a time of 10.04 seconds.
He grimaced a stride out from the line, though, and went to his knees after finishing, removing his shoes instantly and walking away less than comfortably.
It was a poor night for Great Britain's Dwain Chambers. He was a distant fifth in 10.28 – missing both the A and B Olympic qualification marks.
Latest in Sport
Radamel Falcao exclusive: Forward says joining Manchester United is a 'dream come true'
Transfer deadline day: The best memes and tweets, featuring Radamel Falcao, Javier Hernandez and Bart Simpson
Radamel Falcao analysis: Manchester United have signed a top talent yet to hit his stride
Danny Welbeck signs for Arsenal: Gunners confirm signing of striker from Manchester United
Radamel Falcao to Manchester United: Louis van Gaal takes transfer spend beyond £140m - SIXTH most of any Premier league manager
- 1 Emma Watson on Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak: 'Even worse than seeing women's privacy violated is reading the comments'
- 2 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Cee Lo Green: It is only rape if the victim is conscious
- 5 Nigerian witch-finder Helen Ukpabio threatens legal action against human rights organisations
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Front-Office D...
£500 per day: Harrington Starr: C#.NET Developer C#, WPF, WCF, ASP.NET, Prism...
£8 per hour: Randstad Education Leeds: The Job Creche Assistant to start asap ...
£8 per hour: Randstad Education Leeds: The Job Nursery Nurse Leeds We are now ...