Yohan Blake aims for Lausanne return
Tuesday 04 June 2013
Yohan Blake is set to run the 100 metres at the Diamond League meeting in Lausanne where he clocked a career-best 9.69 seconds last season.
Organisers of the Athletissima meeting say Blake is entered in the 4 July race alongside Tyson Gay and Justin Gatlin of the US, and Jamaican team-mate Asafa Powell.
Blake tied with Gay as the second-fastest man in history, behind Usain Bolt, when he beat the American at Lausanne last August.
Organisers say Blake, who is sidelined by a hamstring injury, "wants to come only if he will be in the fittest condition". Bolt typically runs the 200m at Lausanne but is not yet confirmed as a starter.
Latest in Sport
- 1 This 'woman calls police to order pizza' story isn't going where you're expecting
- 2 Axe wielding man shot dead after attacking four New York policemen on busy street
- 3 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 4 Jimmy Carr's Oscar Pistorius joke goes a bit too far at the Q Awards
- 5 Ottawa shootings: Bruce MacKinnon's cartoon is the perfect tribute to soldier Nathan Cirillo
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Attacks on 'Ukip Calypso' show how skewed people’s priorities are
Poppy Appeal 2014: This is why I won't be wearing a red poppy this year
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£35000 - £40000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£47,334 - £59,058 per annum: Coventry University: The Centre for Agroecology, ...