Basketball: Joseph tips the balance England's way
Monday 23 May 2005
England took control of the Spuerkees Cup in Luxembourg on Saturday with back-to-back victories over Scotland, by 78-49, and the hosts by 71-70 thanks to a last-minute tip-in by Julius Joseph.
The tournament is England's first of the build-up to the Commonwealth Games in Melbourne next March.
John Amaechi, the former NBA player, and Julius Joseph each scored 16 points against the Scots. Joseph, who played last season with Belgium's Colfontaine, provided the cutting edge against Luxembourg, scoring 26 points.
Latest in Sport
- 1 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
Competitive: The Green Recruitment Company: The Organisation: The Green Recrui...
£350 - £400 per annum + competitive: Orgtel: Project Manager (specializing in ...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: Embedded Sof...
£50000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits: Progressive Recruitment: Working for a m...