Basketball: Sharks dent Tynesiders' title hopes
Monday 27 November 2006
Sheffield Sharks stayed two points clear of the chasing pack in the BBL with an 87-70 win at Newcastle Eagles last night, and in doing so, seriously dented the Tynesiders' hopes of hanging on to their title.
Blake Shelton was top scorer with 22, while Jeff Bonds and Eddie Cage scored four points each in a 13-0 run which gave the Sharks a 38-20 lead. Shawan Robinson's 23 was the top score for the Eagles.
Newcastle have lost five of their opening 10 games leaving Milton Keynes Lions, Guildford Heat and Plymouth Raiders chasing the Sharks. Terrell Brown's 23 points led the Lions to a 92-83 win at Chester Jets last night. The Lions sit joint second with Plymouth.
Dan Wardrope led Heat's scorers with 18 on Saturday in a 92-72 win at Worcester Wolves. They are now four wins behind the Sharks.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
Latest in Sport
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
£80000 - £100000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior C++ De...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C++ Server Dev...
£300 - £350 per day: Harrington Starr: Leading Electronic Trading Software Ven...
£23999 - £32001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: An independent ac...