London Bid for 2012 completes management team
Wednesday 29 October 2003
London's 2012 Olympic Bid committee yesterday signed up three more executives to complete its management team.
Debbie Jevans, a former general secretary of the International Tennis Federation, was appointed as the director of sport, Neil Wood as finance director and Charles Wijeratna as commercial director.
Jevans, a former junior Wimbledon champion, will also work as an adviser to the ITF. Wood joins the bid committee from the accountancy firm Deloitte Touche. Wijeratna will be responsible for negotiating commercial arrangements for the bid. The International Olympic Committee will select the host city in Singapore in July 2005.
* The seven-times Olympic canoeing champion, Birgit Fischer, of Germany, has decided to come out of retirement for next year's Olympics in Athens. The 41-year-old, who retired more than two years ago, won seven gold medals at five Olympic Games as well as 27 world titles.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: SQL Developer (TSQL, S...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Front-End UI/U...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: C#.NET ...