London Bid for 2012 completes management team
Wednesday 29 October 2003
London's 2012 Olympic Bid committee yesterday signed up three more executives to complete its management team.
Debbie Jevans, a former general secretary of the International Tennis Federation, was appointed as the director of sport, Neil Wood as finance director and Charles Wijeratna as commercial director.
Jevans, a former junior Wimbledon champion, will also work as an adviser to the ITF. Wood joins the bid committee from the accountancy firm Deloitte Touche. Wijeratna will be responsible for negotiating commercial arrangements for the bid. The International Olympic Committee will select the host city in Singapore in July 2005.
* The seven-times Olympic canoeing champion, Birgit Fischer, of Germany, has decided to come out of retirement for next year's Olympics in Athens. The 41-year-old, who retired more than two years ago, won seven gold medals at five Olympic Games as well as 27 world titles.
Latest in Sport
Raheem Sterling to Manchester City: Uefa lift FFP restrictions to leave City primed for £100m moves for Paul Pogba and Liverpool midfielder
Sky Sports and BT Sport announce Premier League live matches for 2015/16 with Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool in action
Football kits 2015/16: The good, the bad and the downright worst new shirts from around the world for next season
Arturo Vidal to Real Madrid: Transfer news live - Sergio Ramos to Manchester United, Lukas Podolski to leave Arsenal
Chelsea 2015/16 home shirt leaked again as new picture appears online
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
- 3 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 4 Van driver who comforted Clark Carlisle and called 999 after suicide attempt dies age 24
- 5 Baby rescued 1km out to sea after parents forgot about her
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
£17000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are fluent in Japanese a...
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...