London Bid for 2012 completes management team
Wednesday 29 October 2003
London's 2012 Olympic Bid committee yesterday signed up three more executives to complete its management team.
Debbie Jevans, a former general secretary of the International Tennis Federation, was appointed as the director of sport, Neil Wood as finance director and Charles Wijeratna as commercial director.
Jevans, a former junior Wimbledon champion, will also work as an adviser to the ITF. Wood joins the bid committee from the accountancy firm Deloitte Touche. Wijeratna will be responsible for negotiating commercial arrangements for the bid. The International Olympic Committee will select the host city in Singapore in July 2005.
* The seven-times Olympic canoeing champion, Birgit Fischer, of Germany, has decided to come out of retirement for next year's Olympics in Athens. The 41-year-old, who retired more than two years ago, won seven gold medals at five Olympic Games as well as 27 world titles.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Home Office says Nigerian asylum-seeker can’t be a lesbian as she’s got children
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 4 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 5 Apple and Google users being spied on for a decade because of 'Freak' security flaw
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
Boris Nemtsov shot dead: Outspoken Putin critic who had expressed fears for his life is killed near the Kremlin
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This firm are focussed on assis...
£7 per hour: Recruitment Genius: A vacancy has arisen for a General Processor ...
£18000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A great opportunity has arisen ...
£14000 - £16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Full time and Part time positio...