Biathlon: German stares down the barrel... and then apologises
Monday 07 January 2013
German biathlete Florian Graf has apologised for sticking his highly sensitive small-bore rifle in his own face during a World Cup race in Oberhof, Germany, at the weekend.
Graf was disqualified after the incident in which he paused between shots to blow moisture from the barrel of his weapon. "The bullet's exit speed is 500mph, it's deadly, and you do not want to be looking down the sharp end of that barrel," Great Britain's six-times Olympian Mike Dixon said.
Latest in Sport
Arsenal vs Tottenham player ratings: Mesut Ozil? Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain? Nacer Chadli? Who was the star man at the Emirates?
Colombian women's cycling team kit that makes wearer appear naked is branded 'unacceptable' by UCI president
Stoke City vs Newcastle analysis: Window woes leave Alan Pardew bereft of flair
Manchester United risk Uefa row over plan to play lucrative midweek friendlies
Cristiano Ronaldo banner: This is how Real Madrid striker reacted to the stunt by Manchester United fans
- 1 Expert urges cat lovers to own just one animal each
- 2 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 3 The Simpsons death: Creator Al Jean would 'kill himself' before character like Homer or Lisa
- 4 British man raped while urinating in bushes at Oktoberfest beer festival in Germany
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
£85 - £125 per day: Randstad Education Cheshire: Randstad Education are curren...
£21000 - £35000 per annum: Randstad Education Cambridge: Secondary teachers re...
£28000 - £30000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: A highly successfully con...
£23000 - £25000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: An established and highly...