Dereck Chisora's promoter Frank Warren today branded the World Boxing Council's decision to ban his fighter indefinitely as "outrageous".
Warren accused the organisation of failing to go through a full disciplinary process after also imposing a heavy fine on Chisora following his behaviour before and after his heavyweight title fight with Vitali Klitschko earlier this month.
The 28-year-old slapped his opponent at the weigh-in and spat water at Klitschko's brother Wladimir, before being embroiled in a brawl with British rival David Haye at the post-fight press conference.
"There are a lot of things that happened behind the scenes that need to be taken into account," Warren told Sky Sports News. "For the WBC to do this is outrageous.
"What happened outside the ring I'm not condoning, but you cannot do this to anybody without letting them have a hearing.
"Dereck Chisora got beaten, he wasn't a champion, therefore it's easy for them to do this. How can you not allow anybody a fair hearing? Everybody's entitled to a fair hearing, whatever you think of them, whatever you've seen.
"There is a procedure which should take place and then determine whether and if there is a punishment necessary.
"A number of mobile cameras were handed in to the police so they could examine them for evidence, they took copies of all the different media's films regarding the incident that happened outside the ring and did not charge Dereck Chisora."
In a statement the WBC declared Chisora had committed "one of the worst behaviours ever by a professional boxer", and said the ban would not be reconsidered until Chisora had undertaken anger management classes.
In reality the WBC's ban is unlikely to impact on Chisora's existing options.
He was unlikely to fight for their title again anyway, and faces a British Boxing Board of Control hearing on March 14.
The WBC statement said: "The WBC is absolutely condemning the behaviours that are not to be accepted in boxing under any circumstances and will act as soon as it can proceed to impose the fines and sanctions as we consider necessary.
"The WBC is imposing a serious fine to be finally determined after the hearing.
"The WBC will also take off from the WBC rankings the name of Dereck Chisora and declare an indefinite suspension against fighting again for a WBC title, while demanding Chisora to take an anger management medical treatment after which his suspension will be reconsidered.
"Boxing has won through the years an outstanding position in the world of sports and is liked by a president as well as by a shoe shine boy.
"Boxers are gentlemen and show to the world an example of honour and fair play when, after a tremendous battle, they go to the centre of the ring to pay respect to each other.
"Dereck Chisora is not going to tarnish the sport for those born in the humblest beds, who become sports heroes of the world to live a life of dignity and pride. Chisora, however, as a human being that he is, is going to be strongly invited to enter an anger management rehabilitating programme that hopefully will act in his benefit."
Chisora was arrested then released without charge following the incident with Haye, which started after Chisora confronted his fellow Londoner at the post-fight press conference.
Following the resulting brawl, Chisora shouted threats at his rival, who subsequently left Germany and is wanted for questioning. The WBC statement made no mention of Haye, who is currently unlicensed.
Chisora issued a statement in the aftermath in which he admitted his behaviour was "inexcusable".
The German Boxing Federation have already indicated that neither Chisora nor Haye will be welcome to fight again on German soil.