Boxing: Nathan Cleverly labels Carl Froch an 'absolute joke'
Tuesday 18 June 2013
Nathan Cleverly branded Carl Froch an "absolute joke" for claiming to be one of the best British boxers ever.
The 26-year-old's promoter Frank Warren said Froch had turned down a £2.5m offer to take on Cleverly without putting his IBF and WBA world super-middleweight championship belts on the line.
"I have a lot of respect for Froch, but the idea of him being the best British fighter ever is an absolute joke," Cleverly said. "That's disrespectful to Joe Calzaghe, who would have boxed Froch's head off.
"He is slow, robotic, and he is claiming he is the best British fighter ever... it's just idiotic."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Australia to impose 24-hour curfew on all cats to protect endangered species
- 2 The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
- 3 Black and ethnic minority people twice as likely to be hit by Tory cuts than white people, report finds
- 4 Walter Palmer: Cecil the lion killer revealed to be American dentist
- 5 What TripAdvisor users think of 16 of the world's most popular landmarks
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
I am the Jeremy Corbyn supporter that many will tell you doesn't exist
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
Labour leadership: New poll shows party is now even 'less electable' than under Ed Miliband
Labour leadership contest: I would never quit the party, says Liz Kendall
£16000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic and exciting opport...
£28000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is an independent ...
£14625 - £20625 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This role is for an enthusiasti...
£45 - £55k DOE: Guru Careers: A Financial Controller is required to join a suc...