Cycling: CAS delays Contador ruling
Tuesday 31 January 2012
The Court of Arbitration for Sport intends to publish its ruling on Alberto Contador's alleged doping early next week. The Swiss court, which had been due to make public its verdict on the case this week, said it would soon confirm the exact date and time.
Contador, the Tour de France champion in 2007, 2009 and 2010, tested positive for clenbuterol during the 2010 Tour. The 29-year-old Spaniard, who blamed the result on contaminated beef, was acquitted by the Spanish Cycling Federation.
filmFilm producers sue Warner Bros for $75m over Hobbit films
voicesJust when you thought you could find a man, get married, and have a baby by the age of 35... it turns out you’re too late, says Grace Dent
Swedish stars ask fans for £195 pledges on crowd-funding website
Latest in Sport
Tottenham to use controversial blood-spinning technique to speed Jan Vertonghen return
World Cup 2014: Football Manager developers predict the team of the tournament - but which England player makes it into the XI?
Roy Keane omits Paul Scholes, Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs from 'greatest' Manchester United team
Napoli 2 Arsenal 0 match report: Nightmare in Naples leaves Arsenal to battle giants
Transfer news: Wayne Rooney sparks Manchester United exit rumours after rejecting new contract talks - reports
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute in Soweto
- 2 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 3 Australia: Gay marriage law reversed by high court less than a week after first weddings
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Australia incest case: Severely deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
£62000 Per Annum plus benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client ba...
£90 - £160 per annum: Randstad Education Leicester: Randstad Education is curr...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Chelmsford: English Teacher Essex
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: The Manchester SEN team require Tea...