Cycling: GB Olympic coach joins Team Sky
Wednesday 02 January 2013
Dan Hunt, who coached Great Britain's men to Olympic team pursuit gold at the London 2012 Olympics, has joined Team Sky as sports director.
Hunt helped Geraint Thomas and Peter Kennaugh to Olympic gold in August, after working with Sky in their inaugural year in 2010. He said: "I want to learn the races and relearn the job of a sports director. But maybe also bring different things to the table, because I'm not an ex-pro.
"I haven't ridden these races, so I've got a bit of homework to do. I need to expose myself to as much racing as possible to maximise my learning over the first year. I want to be good at this and it's going to take time."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 3 Van driver who comforted Clark Carlisle and called 999 after suicide attempt dies age 24
- 4 James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
- 5 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts
£17000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are fluent in Japanese a...
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...