Darts: Taylor - I'll come back stronger
Thursday 29 December 2011
Phil Taylor has vowed that he will come back stronger after suffering a shock defeat to Dave Chisnall at the PDC World Championship at Alexandra Palace late on Tuesday night.
Chisnall, from St Helens, caused one of the biggest shocks in the sport with his second-round win.
Taylor, from Stoke, who has won the PDC title 13 times and also two BDO World Championships, looked out of sorts from the start and was brushed aside four sets to one.
"It's up to me now to work harder," Taylor said. "I'm going to do another two or three years then I'll slide away quietly. I'm not retiring yet. I'm going to try harder in the next two or three years than I have ever done in my career."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Poveglia: 'World's most haunted island' up for auction...is anyone brave enough to buy it?
- 2 Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave
- 3 Naked yoga: the bare truth - it's already big in the US, and has now landed here
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Scientists warn we've hit 'peak beard': The more people grow facial hair, the less attractive it is
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage on Have I Got News For You: Ukip leader ridiculed over expenses and party 'fruitcakes'
Nigel Farage: I’m taking on the status quo, and the Establishment’s fighting back
£26K-30k + Bonus, Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension: Charter Selectio...
£25K-28k + Bonus, Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension: Charter Selectio...
£50000 - £65000 Per Annum potentially flexible for the right candidate: Clearw...
£38000 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Do you have experience of ...