Hockey: England reach World League quarter-finals
Tuesday 02 July 2013
England's men beat the hosts Malaysia 2-1 in their final pool match of the World League to book a quarter-final place against Japan.
The game was played at a fierce tempo with both sides committed to taking the three points, but it was England who came out on top with goals from Richard Smith and Barry Middleton. In the other game in Pool B, Pakistan beat South Africa 6-2, which means England finished second and take on Japan on Thursday.
Latest in Sport
Gareth Bale to Manchester United: Louis van Gaal has made 'two £100m bids this summer'
Jose Mourinho-Arsene Wenger feud is not sporting, but keeps alive raw spirit of competition - Sam Wallace
Pedro to Manchester United: Transfer news live - Angel Di Maria to PSG, John Stones to Chelsea, £100m Gareth Bale bid
Premier League 2015/16 preview: Club-by-club guide to the new season
Manchester United transfer news: Victor Valdes moved to U21 dressing room as exit looms
- 1 Edward Heath 'raped 12 year-old boy at Mayfair flat'
- 2 Sabrina Corgatelli: US hunting tourist posts picture of herself with dead giraffe after Cecil the lion outrage
- 3 Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
- 4 Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale divorce: One of music industry’s most enduring couples announce split after 12 years of marriage
- 5 A-level results 2015: UK exam board OCR admits it 'estimates' hundreds of pupils' grades after papers 'go missing'
Is Britain really full up? Are migrants taking our jobs? Leading academic answers the most common anti-immigration claims
Calais Migrant Crisis: Deputy Mayor of Calais labels Cameron's use of 'swarm' as 'racist' and 'ignorant'
Chris Leslie: Jeremy Corbyn's anti-austerity agenda will harm the poor, says Labour shadow Chancellor
Landlords renting properties to illegal immigrants to face up to five years in prison
While we fixate on Calais, the Home Office is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
Calais crisis: The seven claims made about the migrants - and the reality
£18000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Would you like to sell somethin...
£18000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: As a Junior Graphic Designer / ...
£15500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the South East's leading Motor Re...
£16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the South East's leading Motor Re...