Rowing: Glover and Swann take title No 3
Monday 15 July 2013
Helen Glover and Polly Swann took gold at the World Cup in Lucerne on Sunday, their third title in 2013.
The British crew led the women’s pairs final from the front, holding off New Zealand to add another win to their triumphs in Eton Dorney last month and Sydney in March.
British brothers Peter and Richard Chambers added a bronze in the lightweight men’s double scull, but the British men’s eight, lightweight women’s double scull, women’s eights and men’s quadruple scull all came fourth and missed medals.
The GB Rowing team performance director, Sir David Tanner, said: “Now we know what work we need to do.”
Latest in Sport
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Licence fee: What is the BBC charge – and how will the changes affect you?
- 3 This is what the photographer has to say about the picture of a weasel riding a woodpecker
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
£16000 - £46000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£9 - £13 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity to join a s...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Have you got a proven track rec...
£15000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity for...