Snooker: Williams sees off Hicks threat
Wednesday 15 February 2012
The world No 2 Mark Williams squeezed past Andy Hicks 4-3 in the first round of the 888 Welsh Open in Newport yesterday.
The twice world champion from Wales trailed three times to his Devon opponent, but the Englishman was unable to get over the line.
There was a more straightforward afternoon's work for Stephen Lee, who overcame his fellow Englishman Michael Holt 4-1.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
Latest in Sport
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Server Side De...
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Senior QA Engineer Tes...
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: C# .NET Developer (P...
£44000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Confide...