Something For The Weekend: 03/12/2011
Saturday 03 December 2011
It's squeaky bum time for...
Steve Kean. Again.
While Mr Kean prepares for more abuse when Blackburn entertain Swansea this afternoon, his bosses have been working to bring big signings to the club.
Venky's, wanted to curry favour by getting A-list R'n'B singers to entertain supporters. Yakubu-esque level superstars, Akon and Kelly Rowland, were asked to perform at a free event for fans in a series of emails that would make Garry Cook wince. Like Ronaldinho, the stars refused to sign up with Blackburn, despite being offered a seven-figure sum to bring lyrics other than "Kean out" to Ewood Park.
Stories you might have missed
Babel tackles Bob
Ryan Babel has denied he had a disagreement with cartoon hero Spongebob Squarepants. Like Martin Tyler describing his sluggish runs, wayward crossing and inaccurate shooting, the former Liverpool winger waxed lyrical on Twitter regarding a contretemps with the "entertainer", after he broke character to smoke in front of kids at a party.
Have you been paying attention?
1. Who were the last team from outside the Premier League to reach the League Cup final?
2. Which cricketer scored the highest ever one-day international score for a No 10 this week?
3. Which former Formula One champion announced his return to the sport?
4. Which Wales player plays his final game for his country today before retiring?
5. How many games unbeaten has Roger Federer gone?
Latest in Sport
Robin van Persie to Lekhwiya: Manchester United striker linked with switch to join Michael Laudrup in Qatar
Francis Coquelin: The would-be Zinedine Zidane now making an impression as Arsenal’s Claude Makelele
Jules Bianchi update: Ex-Marussia driver in a 'stagnant' condition as he continues to fight for his life after F1 crash
Premier League 2015/16 kits: Confirmed and rumoured strips from Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and others
Manchester United transfer news: Louis van Gaal turns to Valencia defender Nicolas Otamendi after Mats Hummels delay
- 1 Games of Thrones actor Lena Headey makes emotional promise to her unborn daughter
- 2 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 4 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
- 5 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...