Something For The Weekend: 03/12/2011
Saturday 03 December 2011
It's squeaky bum time for...
Steve Kean. Again.
While Mr Kean prepares for more abuse when Blackburn entertain Swansea this afternoon, his bosses have been working to bring big signings to the club.
Venky's, wanted to curry favour by getting A-list R'n'B singers to entertain supporters. Yakubu-esque level superstars, Akon and Kelly Rowland, were asked to perform at a free event for fans in a series of emails that would make Garry Cook wince. Like Ronaldinho, the stars refused to sign up with Blackburn, despite being offered a seven-figure sum to bring lyrics other than "Kean out" to Ewood Park.
Stories you might have missed
Babel tackles Bob
Ryan Babel has denied he had a disagreement with cartoon hero Spongebob Squarepants. Like Martin Tyler describing his sluggish runs, wayward crossing and inaccurate shooting, the former Liverpool winger waxed lyrical on Twitter regarding a contretemps with the "entertainer", after he broke character to smoke in front of kids at a party.
Have you been paying attention?
1. Who were the last team from outside the Premier League to reach the League Cup final?
2. Which cricketer scored the highest ever one-day international score for a No 10 this week?
3. Which former Formula One champion announced his return to the sport?
4. Which Wales player plays his final game for his country today before retiring?
5. How many games unbeaten has Roger Federer gone?
Latest in Sport
Arsenal vs Tottenham player ratings: Mesut Ozil? Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain? Nacer Chadli? Who was the star man at the Emirates?
Colombian women's cycling team kit that makes wearer appear naked is branded 'unacceptable' by UCI president
Husain Abdullah penalised after celebrating a touchdown with a Muslim prayer - causing mass outrage among fans
Manchester United risk Uefa row over plan to play lucrative midweek friendlies
Cristiano Ronaldo banner: This is how Real Madrid striker reacted to the stunt by Manchester United fans
- 1 Reyhaneh Jabbari: Iran due to execute woman for murder of her alleged attempted rapist
- 2 Expert urges cat lovers to own just one animal each
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 The Simpsons death: Creator Al Jean would 'kill himself' before character like Homer or Lisa
- 5 British man raped while urinating in bushes at Oktoberfest beer festival in Germany
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
'Women, walk wherever you want' posters taken down in Stamford Hill following 'unacceptable' signs separating men and women
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager (Campaigns, Offlin...
£90000 - £135000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Head of Marketing (B2C, Acquisition...
£27000 - £30000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client who are...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: Huxley Associates are currentl...