Something For The Weekend: 03/12/2011
Saturday 03 December 2011
It's squeaky bum time for...
Steve Kean. Again.
While Mr Kean prepares for more abuse when Blackburn entertain Swansea this afternoon, his bosses have been working to bring big signings to the club.
Venky's, wanted to curry favour by getting A-list R'n'B singers to entertain supporters. Yakubu-esque level superstars, Akon and Kelly Rowland, were asked to perform at a free event for fans in a series of emails that would make Garry Cook wince. Like Ronaldinho, the stars refused to sign up with Blackburn, despite being offered a seven-figure sum to bring lyrics other than "Kean out" to Ewood Park.
Stories you might have missed
Babel tackles Bob
Ryan Babel has denied he had a disagreement with cartoon hero Spongebob Squarepants. Like Martin Tyler describing his sluggish runs, wayward crossing and inaccurate shooting, the former Liverpool winger waxed lyrical on Twitter regarding a contretemps with the "entertainer", after he broke character to smoke in front of kids at a party.
Have you been paying attention?
1. Who were the last team from outside the Premier League to reach the League Cup final?
2. Which cricketer scored the highest ever one-day international score for a No 10 this week?
3. Which former Formula One champion announced his return to the sport?
4. Which Wales player plays his final game for his country today before retiring?
5. How many games unbeaten has Roger Federer gone?
scienceScientists find the answer to a question that even puzzled Darwin
arts + entsThe 'Friends' actor on his new role as campaigner on addiction issues
Latest in Sport
Arsenal - January transfer targets
Andre Villas-Boas sacked: AVB seals his fate at Spurs by rejecting Emmanuel Adebayor
Transfer news: Manchester United - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Borussia Dortmund star Marco Reus could be on his way Manchester United
Transfer news: Arsenal - January transfer targets
- 1 Facebook 'self-censorship': study records when you don't post to find more ways to share
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 Vitamin pills are a waste of money, offer no health benefits and could be harmful - study
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile
Exclusive: Young people ‘want UK to stay in Europe’: Four in 10 adults aged 18 to 24 are ‘firmly in favour’ of membership, poll shows
Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
You can STILL be jailed for being a republican, government confirms, and it remains illegal to even 'imagine' overthrowing the Queen
Kiss and yell: Italian protester charged with sexual assault after kissing riot police officer
Fighting back: the woman giving a voice (and 49,999 others) to the victims of sexism - by giving an airing to their horror stories
PM denies two child limit for benefits is part of Tory welfare policy
£22800 - £33600 per annum: Randstad Education Manchester Secondary: Geography ...
£40000 - £60000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Business Developme...
£50000 - £75000 per annum + Negotiable: Austen Lloyd: We have an exciting oppo...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Excellent Package: Austen Lloyd: This is a rare hi...