Something For The Weekend: 03/12/2011
Saturday 03 December 2011
It's squeaky bum time for...
Steve Kean. Again.
While Mr Kean prepares for more abuse when Blackburn entertain Swansea this afternoon, his bosses have been working to bring big signings to the club.
Venky's, wanted to curry favour by getting A-list R'n'B singers to entertain supporters. Yakubu-esque level superstars, Akon and Kelly Rowland, were asked to perform at a free event for fans in a series of emails that would make Garry Cook wince. Like Ronaldinho, the stars refused to sign up with Blackburn, despite being offered a seven-figure sum to bring lyrics other than "Kean out" to Ewood Park.
Stories you might have missed
Babel tackles Bob
Ryan Babel has denied he had a disagreement with cartoon hero Spongebob Squarepants. Like Martin Tyler describing his sluggish runs, wayward crossing and inaccurate shooting, the former Liverpool winger waxed lyrical on Twitter regarding a contretemps with the "entertainer", after he broke character to smoke in front of kids at a party.
Have you been paying attention?
1. Who were the last team from outside the Premier League to reach the League Cup final?
2. Which cricketer scored the highest ever one-day international score for a No 10 this week?
3. Which former Formula One champion announced his return to the sport?
4. Which Wales player plays his final game for his country today before retiring?
5. How many games unbeaten has Roger Federer gone?
Latest in Sport
Arsenal and Puma unveil world's first left-footed football
Italy vs England player ratings: Did Andros Townsend's goal see him beat Harry Kane and Wayne Rooney to top marks?
WWE Raw results: Brock Lesnar suspended for post-Wrestlemania 31 rampage after losing title to Seth Rollins
WrestleMania 31: The Undertaker begins a new streak after tombstoning Bray Wyatt
Louis van Gaal: Manchester United boss reveals that being a 'slow player' made him a better manager on warts and all documentary
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 3 Martha Stewart accuses Snoop Dogg of 'smoking for four hours' during Justin Bieber Roast
- 4 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 5 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
£28500 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company offers unique corp...
£20000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This world leader in the design...
£15000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company has 30 years of ex...
£27000 - £33000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This fast growing cloud based I...