It's squeaky bum time for...
Steve Kean. Again.
While Mr Kean prepares for more abuse when Blackburn entertain Swansea this afternoon, his bosses have been working to bring big signings to the club.
Venky's, wanted to curry favour by getting A-list R'n'B singers to entertain supporters. Yakubu-esque level superstars, Akon and Kelly Rowland, were asked to perform at a free event for fans in a series of emails that would make Garry Cook wince. Like Ronaldinho, the stars refused to sign up with Blackburn, despite being offered a seven-figure sum to bring lyrics other than "Kean out" to Ewood Park.
Stories you might have missed
Babel tackles Bob
Ryan Babel has denied he had a disagreement with cartoon hero Spongebob Squarepants. Like Martin Tyler describing his sluggish runs, wayward crossing and inaccurate shooting, the former Liverpool winger waxed lyrical on Twitter regarding a contretemps with the "entertainer", after he broke character to smoke in front of kids at a party.
Have you been paying attention?
1. Who were the last team from outside the Premier League to reach the League Cup final?
2. Which cricketer scored the highest ever one-day international score for a No 10 this week?
3. Which former Formula One champion announced his return to the sport?
4. Which Wales player plays his final game for his country today before retiring?
5. How many games unbeaten has Roger Federer gone?