It's squeaky bum time for...
'Tis the season to score runs. That may well be the mantra running through the mind of Ricky Ponting as Australia face India in the first Test In Melbourne on Christmas Day.
Ponting has been in very poor form by his own lofty standards, with inconsistency defining his recent Test record. In fact, the 36-year-old, who resigned as his country's captain in March, hasn't struck a century since recording a behemoth 209 against Pakistan in January last year. Perhaps treating his ears to Christmas songs will raise his spirits and display when he takes to the crease tomorrow.
Stories you might have missed
Altruistic John Terry
He may be drenched in off-field ignominy, but Chelsea's captain John Terry never hides in the face of adversity. After his team drew 1-1 with Tottenham at White Hart Lane, despite being subjected to a torrent of abuse from home fans during the game, Terry was spotted handing over his shirt to an elderly Spurs supporter in the stand.
Have you been paying attention?
1. Which veteran midfielder scored the 19,999th Premier League goal this week?
2. Prior to Mark Cavendish, who was the last cyclist to win Sports Personality of the Year?
3. Which cricketer had a statue of himself unveiled at Melbourne Cricket Club?
4. Which Scottish rugby player announced his international retirement?
5. Who remain the only side to stay up after being bottom of the Premier League at Christmas?Reuse content