Something For The Weekend: Leeds United, Hansa's harsh words and the quiz...
Saturday 18 February 2012
It's squeaky bum time for...
Supporters at Elland Road will attend today's Yorkshire derby with bottom-of-the-table Doncaster Rovers filled more with hope than expectation.
Leeds have suffered three league defeats in four games and appear bereft of belief and confidence after Simon Grayson's sacking. Caretaker manager Neil Redfearn (above) even accused the players of lacking professionalism after last week's loss to Brighton. It will doubtless be a tense afternoon in Redfearn's final match in temporary charge but at least they can call on recent history for inspiration – Leeds boast consecutive wins from their previous two league meetings with Doncaster, scoring eight in the process.
Stories you might have missed
Hansa's harsh words
After Geoff Shreeves' stormy exchange with Kenny Dalglish, post-match fury has spread to the German Second Division. In the aftermath of Hansa Rostock's win over MSV Duisburg, Matthias Holst was asked if he was happy with the win and replied: "No, absolutely not! You are always standing here after the game asking s****y questions."
Have you been paying attention?
1. Who hit his highest one-day international score for England in the first ODI against Pakistan in Abu Dhabi?
2. Which footballer signed a contract extension, one short of 900 club appearances?
3. Who scored 22 points in Wales' 27-13 Six Nations win over Scotland on Sunday?
4. Which three Premier League players missed penalties in the African Cup of Nations final?
5. Who became the third Premier League manager to lose his job this season?
Latest in Sport
Manchester City vs Southampton: Frank Lampard shuns the limelight ahead of his Premier League farewell
Francis Coquelin: The would-be Zinedine Zidane now making an impression as Arsenal’s Claude Makelele
Arsenal vs Aston Villa: Gunners snub that redefined Tim Sherwood
Premier League 2015/16 kits: Confirmed and rumoured strips from Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and others
Arsenal transfer news: Arsene Wenger sets deadline for Theo Walcott contract talks with Liverpool keeping a close eye on his future
- 1 Eurovision 2015: Graham Norton returns with another cutting commentary - his best lines
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Eurovision 2015 winner: Sweden beats Russia and Italy to take title from Conchita Wurst
- 4 Mother 'will allow son's circumcision in return for release from prison'
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...