Something For The Weekend: Leeds United, Hansa's harsh words and the quiz...
Saturday 18 February 2012
It's squeaky bum time for...
Supporters at Elland Road will attend today's Yorkshire derby with bottom-of-the-table Doncaster Rovers filled more with hope than expectation.
Leeds have suffered three league defeats in four games and appear bereft of belief and confidence after Simon Grayson's sacking. Caretaker manager Neil Redfearn (above) even accused the players of lacking professionalism after last week's loss to Brighton. It will doubtless be a tense afternoon in Redfearn's final match in temporary charge but at least they can call on recent history for inspiration – Leeds boast consecutive wins from their previous two league meetings with Doncaster, scoring eight in the process.
Stories you might have missed
Hansa's harsh words
After Geoff Shreeves' stormy exchange with Kenny Dalglish, post-match fury has spread to the German Second Division. In the aftermath of Hansa Rostock's win over MSV Duisburg, Matthias Holst was asked if he was happy with the win and replied: "No, absolutely not! You are always standing here after the game asking s****y questions."
Have you been paying attention?
1. Who hit his highest one-day international score for England in the first ODI against Pakistan in Abu Dhabi?
2. Which footballer signed a contract extension, one short of 900 club appearances?
3. Who scored 22 points in Wales' 27-13 Six Nations win over Scotland on Sunday?
4. Which three Premier League players missed penalties in the African Cup of Nations final?
5. Who became the third Premier League manager to lose his job this season?
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
Latest in Sport
Arsenal 2 Hull City 0 match report: Superb Arsenal march on at the top as Nicklas Bendtner gets back among the goals
Liverpool 5 Norwich City 1 match report: Luis Suarez tears Norwich apart once again with four goals and an assist
Cricket Australia apologises for ‘racist’ Monty Panesar Teletubbies tweet
Manchester United must win 'an awful lot of games' if they are to retain the Premier League title, admits David Moyes after Everton defeat
Manchester United 0 Everton 1 match report: Roberto Martinez pulls off elusive victory that eluded David Moyes
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 How black gold was hijacked: North sea oil and the betrayal of Scotland
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 5 ‘Put it in my mouth’: Viewers outraged by apparent reference to oral sex in VIP e-cig advert
£35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: Quality ...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: GUI Developer (GUI,C#,.NET,VB6)City of LondonCom...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: PHP Deve...
£18999 - £28001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: A Top 10 accounta...