Something For The Weekend: Leeds United, Hansa's harsh words and the quiz...
Saturday 18 February 2012
It's squeaky bum time for...
Supporters at Elland Road will attend today's Yorkshire derby with bottom-of-the-table Doncaster Rovers filled more with hope than expectation.
Leeds have suffered three league defeats in four games and appear bereft of belief and confidence after Simon Grayson's sacking. Caretaker manager Neil Redfearn (above) even accused the players of lacking professionalism after last week's loss to Brighton. It will doubtless be a tense afternoon in Redfearn's final match in temporary charge but at least they can call on recent history for inspiration – Leeds boast consecutive wins from their previous two league meetings with Doncaster, scoring eight in the process.
Stories you might have missed
Hansa's harsh words
After Geoff Shreeves' stormy exchange with Kenny Dalglish, post-match fury has spread to the German Second Division. In the aftermath of Hansa Rostock's win over MSV Duisburg, Matthias Holst was asked if he was happy with the win and replied: "No, absolutely not! You are always standing here after the game asking s****y questions."
Have you been paying attention?
1. Who hit his highest one-day international score for England in the first ODI against Pakistan in Abu Dhabi?
2. Which footballer signed a contract extension, one short of 900 club appearances?
3. Who scored 22 points in Wales' 27-13 Six Nations win over Scotland on Sunday?
4. Which three Premier League players missed penalties in the African Cup of Nations final?
5. Who became the third Premier League manager to lose his job this season?
Latest in Sport
Arsenal have 'too many strikers' claims Arsene Wenger, despite admitting Lukas Podolski is 'not a real centre-forward'
Arsenal transfer news: Arsene Wenger says he will be 'actively involved' on deadline day... but may not buy a striker despite Giroud injury
Fernando Torres to AC Milan: Jose Mourinho talks up Mattia Destro with Torres on verge of Chelsea exit
Mario Balotelli has been 'spoken to at length' and Liverpool have ensured he lives on Merseyside rather than Manchester
Tottenham vs Liverpool: Hugo Lloris expects Spurs to wipe away shame of 4-0 and 5-0 defeats last season
- 1 Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Gregg Wallace joins line-up as final celebrities revealed
- 3 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 4 Saudi Arabia executes 19 in one half of August in 'disturbing surge of beheadings'
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Web De...
Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: HAMPSHIRE MARKET TOWN - A highly attr...
£35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Network Engineer (CCNP, CCNA, Linux, OSPF,...
Highly Attractive Package: Austen Lloyd: A VERY HIGH QUALITY FIRM A high qual...