Squash: Matthew leads England to final after crushing Australia
Saturday 27 August 2011
England put on a dominant display over old rivals Australia to advance to the men's World Team Championship final in Paderborn, Germany.
World No 1 Nick Matthew sent England through to their seventh final of the biennial event with a fine win over former world champion David Palmer 11-5, 11-8, 11-5. Matthew last lost to Palmer in 2007.
Fellow Yorkshireman James Willstrop, playing second string, started off England's blitz by beating Cameron Pilley 11-7, 11-8, 11-2. "To beat him in that fashion was something special," said the world No 4.
England will play Egypt or France in today's final.
Latest in Sport
Manchester United vs Chelsea: Louis van Gaal - I could have axed Ryan Giggs and I could have sacked Jose Mourinho, too!
Manchester United vs Chelsea: Radamel Falcao a doubt for Premier League clash
Real Madrid vs Barcelona player ratings: Luis Suarez rated on his debut
Gus Poyet future: Sunderland manager on brink after Arsenal pile misery on top of 8-0 defeat
Manchester United vs Chelsea analysis: Simplest errors at the back are leaving United very vulnerable, writes Danny Higginbotham
- 1 Stem cells that can kill cancer have been engineered by scientists
- 2 Ricky Gervais and Dame Judi Dench back campaign to stop Thailand dog meat trade
- 3 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
£110 - £200 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Secondary Maths Teacher for spe...
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£35000 - £40000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...