Racing: Attrition rated equal of early Mate
Tuesday 21 March 2006
War Of Attrition has been officially judged the equal of Best Mate when he took the first of his three Cheltenham Gold Cups in 2002.
The Mouse Morris-trained seven-year-old has been awarded a mark of 170 by the British Horseracing Board's official handicapper, Phil Smith, for his win on Friday, when he beat Hedgehunter by two and a half lengths, with another seven to Forget The Past and the close fourth L'Ami.
Kicking King was rated on 175 after his blue riband success last year, the same as Best Mate for his second and third victories.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Home Office says Nigerian asylum-seeker can’t be a lesbian as she’s got children
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 4 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 5 Apple and Google users being spied on for a decade because of 'Freak' security flaw
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
Boris Nemtsov shot dead: Outspoken Putin critic who had expressed fears for his life is killed near the Kremlin
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This firm are focussed on assis...
£7 per hour: Recruitment Genius: A vacancy has arisen for a General Processor ...
£18000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A great opportunity has arisen ...
£14000 - £16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Full time and Part time positio...