Racing: Gold Cup gamble starts on Trabolgan
Monday 28 November 2005
Saturday's impressive Hennessy Gold Cup winner Trabolgan is reported to have come out of the race well and is on course for the King George VI Chase at Sandown on Boxing Day.
Nicky Henderson, his trainer, said: "I've never won the King George, but it's the natural race for him."
Trabolgan is now down to 11-2 with Coral for the Cheltenham Gold Cup. Spokesman Simon Clare said: "This is the biggest ante-post gamble of the jump season so far and as soon as we offered 8-1 the floodgates opened."
* Ruby Walsh dislocated a shoulder in a fall at Navan yesterday and was taken to hospital for X-rays.
Liam Neeson's Downton dreams
Thriller is set in the secret world of British espionage
Bomber jacket worn by Mary Berry sells out within an hour
Latest in Sport
- 2 Scottish independence: What you shouldn't tweet about if you want to avoid jail today
- 3 Scottish independence: Five reasons Salmond is secretly hoping for a 'No' vote
- 4 Isis plan to 'behead random member of the public' in Sydney thwarted by Australian police
- 5 Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Unpaid Voluntary Position : Reach Volunteering: Promising volunteer Trustee op...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is curr...
£110 - £130 per hour: Randstad Education Reading: Psychology Teacher needed fo...
£85 - £120 per day: Randstad Education Cheshire: Randstad Education are curren...