Racing: Gold Cup gamble starts on Trabolgan
Monday 28 November 2005
Saturday's impressive Hennessy Gold Cup winner Trabolgan is reported to have come out of the race well and is on course for the King George VI Chase at Sandown on Boxing Day.
Nicky Henderson, his trainer, said: "I've never won the King George, but it's the natural race for him."
Trabolgan is now down to 11-2 with Coral for the Cheltenham Gold Cup. Spokesman Simon Clare said: "This is the biggest ante-post gamble of the jump season so far and as soon as we offered 8-1 the floodgates opened."
* Ruby Walsh dislocated a shoulder in a fall at Navan yesterday and was taken to hospital for X-rays.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Autistic adults could take pure MDMA to 'reduce social anxiety'
- 2 Before you complain about your GP, this is what you need to know about actually doing the job
- 3 Father of 12 accused of raping, beating, starving and abusing his own children in US 'cult'
- 4 Britain's Got Talent 2015: Jamie Raven divides Twitter as fans expose mind-boggling magic trick
- 5 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: not a Mexican demon being summoned — it's gravity
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: One of the South East's fastest growing full s...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£30000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Estimating, preparation of tech...
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will work as part of a smal...