Racing: Holy Roman Emperor heads Guineas betting
Monday 14 August 2006
The blow to Kieren Fallon of being banned from riding in Chicago was softened yesterday by a victory on Holy Roman Emperor in the Independent Waterford Wedgwood Phoenix Stakes at the Curragh that promoted the colt to 6-1 favouritism for the 2,000 Guineas.
It was an eighth win in the race for Aidan O'Brien, who intends taking the unusual route for a Classic hope of running the colt again next week. "He'll go to the Prix Morny next weekend," the trainer said. "He just wants to race and racing brings out the best in him."
Fallon also won the Phoenix Sprint Stakes on the David Nicholls-trained Moss Vale, who goes next for York's Nunthorpe Stakes.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Michelle Rodriguez: Fast & Furious actor apologises after telling 'minorities' to stop taking on 'white' roles
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face the death penalty
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
£9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This role is based within a small family run ...
£28000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Design and marketing agenc...
£46000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This property investment firm are lookin...
£18000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company specialises provid...