Racing: Idris is special for Moore
Saturday 14 January 2006
Sussex trainer Gary Moore has run some of his very best novice hurdlers here in recent years and he improved his course record further yesterday when Idris outbattled favourite Craven to win by three-quarters of a length.
And Moore and winning jockey Philip Hide completed a double when Party Games ran out an impressive winner of the RPSport - No1 for Sports Betting Novices' Chase.
Doubts over whether the winner would see out the three mile trip were dispelled as Party Games galloped away from his rivals to win by nine lengths.
Moore's assistant, David Wilson, said: "Philip was confident he would stay three miles and the horse has run some of his best races round here. On some of his best form he didn't look badly treated."
* Henrietta Knight has ruled out sending Racing Demon to Uttoxeter next Wednesday and is likely to give her star novice chaser a much-needed outing at either Lingfield next Saturday or in the Scilly Isles Novices' Chase at Sandown on 4 February.
Latest in Sport
Lionel Messi dumps Jerome Boateng: The moment two-goal hero made Bayern Munich defender look like 'baby in a playpen'
Barcelona vs Bayern Munich match report: Lionel Messi double and Neymar strike put Barca on course for Champions League final
Floyd Mayweather mocks Manny Pacquiao: 'Winners win and losers have excuses'
Barcelona 3 Bayern Munich 0 player ratings
Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester City in top eight of Forbes Rich List
- 1 Qataris pledge to expand Canary Wharf
- 2 #JeSuisEd: People share photos of themselves eating awkwardly in solidarity with Labour leader
- 3 Women think Irish men are the sexiest, survey finds
- 4 Florida couple forced to register as sex offenders for having sex on public beach
- 5 Watch eerie drone footage of destroyed building in Stalingrad
In defence of liberal democracy
General Election 2015: Post-election 'shambles' looms as 70 per cent of voters say SNP 'should not be able to veto UK government policies'
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
General election live: SNP suspends two members for disrupting Labour rally
General Election 2015: Sturgeon claims Scots 'appalled' by Ed Miliband's refusal to work with SNP
£35000 - £40000 per annum + car and benefits: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Helpdesk Analyst - Devon - £20,000 ...
£35000 - £50000 per annum + generous bonus: Ashdown Group: Business Analytics ...
£45000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: IT Project Coordinator (Software Dev...