Racing: Jockey Club finds new grounds to punish tracks
Wednesday 01 February 2006
The Jockey Club is to consider taking action against racecourses which fail to provide suitably safe ground conditions. The possibility of punishing tracks who fail to satisfy the course inspectorate was one of the points to emerge from a forum arranged yesterday by sports' medicine specialists Tendon Works. The meeting was attended by jockeys, trainers, owners, vets and racecourse representatives.
The jump jockey Andrew Thornton condemned tracks for not filling in divots between races. "There needs to be more maintenance between races, people should be going around treading in, not just throwing sand in holes," he said.
* Yesterday's Taunton card and today's Newcastle card have fallen victim to frost.
Nap: Principal Witness0
NB: Kindlelight Debut
Latest in Sport
- 1 British tourists 'murdered' in Thailand: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Vivienne Westwood says 'Yes' to Scottish Independence by declaring: 'I hate England'
- 3 Welcome to Cameroon, where drinking Baileys can lead to imprisonment
- 4 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 5 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
Salmond accused of laughing off national debt with ‘what are they going to do: invade?’ joke
£400000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: Job Title: Energy Markets An...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum Plus excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions...
£22000 - £23000 per annum: Randstad Education Bristol: We are currently recrui...
£35000 - £40000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: We are currently r...