Racing: RacingUK take SIS to court over data rights
Tuesday 05 October 2004
RacingUK which screens pictures from Britain's 30 premier courses, with the exception of Ascot, has issued a High Court injunction against Satellite Racing Services (SIS). The injunction seeks to prevent SIS, which beams pictures to betting shops, from screening RacingUK tracks as it is claiming an infringement of data rights owned by the courses rather than the British Horseracing Board.
RacingUK report they have been inundated with applications to subscribe to their service since it ceased to be free-to-air at the weekend. David Bellin, the company's director of broadcasting, said: "Subscriptions this weekend have been 155 per cent above our forecast."
* Frankie Dettori tightened his grip on the jockeys' title when a 14-1 double at Windsor yesterday took his seasonal total to 171. Kieren Fallon, suspended for the day, is eight behind.
* Salisbury's showpiece Saturday card, switched from Ascot, is threatened by waterlogging.
Latest in Sport
World Cup 2014: Neymar's agent launches scathing attack on Brazil's Luis Felipe Scolari, labelling him 'an old jerk, arrogant, repulsive, conceited and ridiculous'
Brazil vs Germany match report World Cup 2014: Utter humiliation for hosts as Thomas Muller and Toni Kroos help Germany hit seven past Selecao
Angel di Maria: Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal 'monitoring' Real Madrid winger
World Cup 2014: The 50 best players of the World Cup
PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Instagram of US airport security chiefs: Lipstick knives and IED training kits among items seized
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
Vanessa Feltz criticises 'vile' reaction to Rolf Harris allegations
£60000 - £75000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Business Analyst Consultant (Fina...
£60000 per annum: Harrington Starr: A leading provider in investment managemen...
£600 - £700 per day: Harrington Starr: AVS, JVS Openlink Endur Developer JVS, ...
£45000 - £60000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: Exciting opp...